Huffman Grandkids (Wellmans, Gioimos, Gegenheimers)
This 85 acre park
was established in 1895 through the efforts of Philip Crapo,
a local businessman and philanthropist. There was a great
flurry of activity in 1896 to ready the park for the Iowa
semi-centennial. The roads and plantings were designed at
that time by the landscape engineering firm of Earnshaw and
Punshon of Cincinnati, Ohio.